20.11.10

Serendipity


The pitter-patter of rain on my window has always been my most cherished song. I close my eyes so composedly that I fear I may fall asleep instantly. There are colors that whorl through my mind so precipitately, so expeditiously that I feel the shapes taking place, the places, the people, the moments, the nightmares! I am coerced to reopen my eyes. I have no doubt that it has only been seconds since I closed them, yet I feel like I have blacked out for hours. My heart races and my breath hastens into a raspy cacophony. A sense of urgency and fear cling to my skin and bones. The pulse of the rain sooths me once more as I lay on my back.

It is in this moment of pure sanity that I can finally breath and it is with that last calm yet algid breath that thoughts of you crash onto me. The agony in my gut lacerates my insides for just a moment and then a certain vivacity levitates me and I know in that very instant that I'm yours, and I shall always be yours. I look around and see nothing but pure darkness, I can barely make out the shapes around me, my hand reaches out and comes in contact with your yielding warmth. I smile lightly. My timid fingers trace your cheek bones, your lips entrance my eyes for more than a few moments and memories fill the empty spaces of my mind.

It is the moment we met, and although that night is as pronounced in my mind as the pages of my favorite book, the details do not come clearly, I am intoxicated. Your strong arms take hold of my waist and my head fits perfectly into your neck. A smile dances upon my lips and I breath profoundly. Serenity at last. Your easeful and saccharine lips brush swiftly past my cheeks and I intake frigid air. You smile teasingly, you know me all too well, and your effects. I close my eyes again and enjoy the fact that I feel impervious in your stalwart arms. You whisper sweet nothings in my ear and suddenly there is nothing more tonight then what we are, what we always have been. What no one can change. There is nothing left other then our profound sleep and simple serendipity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment, I'll reply to you personally as soon as I can =]